(13 Days / 12 Nights)
Footsteps of Buddha
Presence of Monasteries and Stupas across India all speak well and loud of the Buddhist culture that was so rich and vibrant that it in inspired one of the most dynamic art and architecture movements at that time.
Delhi - Neemrana - Jaipur
Arrive Jaipur and check-in into hotel. In the evening we have arranged a dinner at Speciality Restaurant. Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast/Dinner)
After breakfast full day sightseeing ofJaipur which is an exuberance of color, dance, and song with the traditional arts and crafts. Covering Amer Fort - The royal family's residence at Amber is only 11 km away. Set on the dry wrinkled Aravali Hills, and surrounded by fortified battlements, the palace straddles two sepia-hued tundra hills overlooking Maota Lake, and its sprawling crenellated walls lattice the surrounding hills. Your guide will elaborate on the history of this architectural masterpiece with its mirror-studded alcoves, dazzling mosaics and water-cooled swings that delight today’s visitors as they did their former royal residents.
Later on visit Hawa Mahal or "Palace of Winds," one of the major landmarks of Jaipur, although it is actually little more than a facade. City Palace which is blend of Mughal and Rajasthani architecture and the royal family still lives in a part of the palace. Adjacent to the City Palace is Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory built by Raja Jai Singh, whose passion for astronomy was even more notable than his prowess as a warrior.
In the late afternoon a visit to the colourful bazaar of Jaipur has been arranged. Here get your hands painted with Henna from roadside mehandiwalas (ladies that specialise in painting hands with Henna). Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
Jaipur - Fatehpur Sikri - Agra
After breakfast check-out from the hotel and drive to Agra. En-route visit Fatehpur Sikri, the first planned city of the Mughals and also the first one designed in Mughal architecture, an amalgamation of Indian architecture, Persian and Islamic architecture. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1986. Arrive Agra and check-in into hotel. Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
Early morning visit the Taj Mahal which is India’s most fascinating and beautiful masterpiece. The Taj is most enthralling in the quietness of early morning. This glorious monument is at its best under the early morning sun. It is the best time to click pictures as not only is the light wonderful but it’s relatively less crowded too. With the rising Sun the white marble changes its colour and hues and it is excellent for photography.
After breakfast visit the sprawlingAgra Red Fort which is surrounded by a 70 feet high wall. Later on visit Itmad-ud-daula which has a special place in the chronicles of both history as well as architecture. This is precisely because Itmad-ud-Daula is the very first tomb in India that is entirely made out of Marble. This is actually a mausoleum that overlooks the River Yamuna and is a tomb of Mir Ghiyas Beg, a minister in the court of Shah Jahan.
In the evening, head to Mehtab Garden for a unique (and your last!) view of the Taj Mahal from across the Yamuna river! Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
Agra – Delhi – Varanasi
In the afternoon half day city tour of Varanasi. One of the holiest cities in India, Varanasi is one of the most important pilgrimage sites and also a major tourist attraction. It has been the religious capital of Hinduism since time immemorial. Situated on the banks of the sacred Ganges, Varanasi has been a center of learning and civilization for more than 2,000 years. Later on an excursion to Sarnath - where Bhuddhism first made its appearance nearly 2500 years ago and where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon to his 5 disciples.
In the evening enjoy boat ride on the holy river Ganges and you will be taken to the Ganga Ghats to watch evening Aarti (Hindu ritual). Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Varanasi – Bodhgaya
On arrival Check in into hotel. Afternoon tour of this ancient riverside town. Visit the Sri Lankan monastery. Later in the day visit the village of Sujata, which is where a woman with the same name gave Lord Buddha his first meal ( milk & rice pudding ) after he came out of the austerities he was performing and broke his fast. Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
Bodgaya - Rajgir - Nalanda – Patna
After breakfast check-out from the hotel and drive to Patna. En-route visit Rajgir- a site of great sanctity and significance for Buddhists. The Gridhakuta Hill, in Rajgir, was the seat from where Buddha delivered many of his sermons. It was here that the teachings of Buddha were recorded in writing for the first time.
Also visiting visit Nalanda- which literally means the place that confers the lotus. It was one of the oldest universities of the world & was a center of great learning which reached its zenith between 5th and 12th Century A.D. Both Lord Buddha & Lord Mahavira visited this place. Also visit Karanda Tank- where Buddha used to bathe. Arrive Patna and check-in into hotel. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Patna - Vaishali – Kushinagar
Later continue onward to Kushinagar - where Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana. Kushinagar is one of the principal centers of Buddhist pilgrimage is the place of Mahaparinrvana. On arrival check into Hotel. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Kushinagar – Lumbini
Kushinagar - Kapilvastu – Sarvasti
Afternoon visit the extensive ruins of this ancient city. Sravasti has two villages, Sahet and Mahet, which is spread over an area of 400 acres and has a number of ruins. This is where the Lord performed his Miracle sitting on a petalled Lotus multiplying 1000 times. Overnight in hotel. (Breakfast)
Sarvasti - Delhi (Departure)
All Trips Include:
- Economy Class domestic flight air fare for Delhi – Varanasi sector.
- Economy Class domestic flight air fare for Lucknow – Delhi sector.
- 13 Nights hotel accommodation on double occupancy basis.
- Double bedded room with private bath or shower & hotel taxes.
- Daily breakfast in hotel as mentioned in the itinerary.
- 1 hot & delicious dinner in Jaipur as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Air-conditioned Private Large Car with an expert driver as per the itinerary.
- All transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Fuel, Insurance, Toll Taxes, All State Taxes, All transport related Expenses and Driver Services.
- Assistance by our representative at the International airport on arrival as per the itinerary.
- Services of a local English speaking guide for city sightseeing in Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Varanasi, Bodhgaya, Patna, Kushinagar & Sravasti.
- City sightseeing in as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrances to the monuments & museums as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Evening boat ride on the River Ganges by Ganga Aarti Ceremony as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Early morning boat ride on the River Ganges, Varanasi as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Elephant rideupto the Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Guided excursion to Sarnath as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All other excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes and service charges.
– International Airfare. – Meals and beverages not listed in itinerary. -Movie/video camera fee at monuments. – Tips and gratuities. -Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, portage etc. – Any other service that has not been included into “cost inclusions”.
|New Delhi||Redfox Aerocity||3 Star|
|Jaipur||The Lalit Traveller||4 Star|
|Agra||Courtyard by Marriott||5 Star|
|Varanasi||Meraden Grand||4 Star|
|Bodhgaya||Bodhgaya Regency||3 Star|
|Patna||Chanakya Patna||3 Star|
|Kushinagar||The Imperial||4 Star|
|Lumbini||Buddha Maya Garden||Heritage|
|Sravasti||Lotus Nikko||3 Star|
Also Available on request:
- This tour is ex-Delhi. If you are arriving from a different destination, we can help you arrange the flight to and from Delhi.
- Learn to Cook local Recipes from a well known Chef.
- An Ayurvedic Massage.
- Early morning Yoga lesson.
和$3999「鴨仔團」的分別是, Pioneer Journeys這種半自遊行的方式, 可以讓我們全權計劃旅遊的地點、每天出發和休息的時間、每個景點想逗留的長短、每天想吃什麼, 以及滿足其他特別的要求(例如試一下正宗印度按摩和瑜珈, 搜購朋友要求的印度護膚品)等等。另外, 還可以優閒地和當地人聊天, 例如司機會跟你說他兒子讀哪間中學, 最喜歡玩什麼; 導遊會跟你說, 他正計劃開老人院, 因為很多印度人沒能力照顧老人家。
除了和印度平民交流, 還可以和印度皇族近距離接觸。平安夜那晚因為住在皇家狩獵別墅改裝的酒店Shikarbadi (Heritage Hunting Lodge), 吃平安夜大餐時, 原來坐在旁邊的就是Mewar皇族(Udaipur Kingdom)的大王子, 這是到了第二天參觀皇宮, 導遊介紹在平台上和大家招手的就是大王子時, 才知道他的真正身份。至於各個皇族在失去政治權力後, 如何靠皇宮賺錢(如收入場費,改裝成SPA和酒店), 又是另一個很有趣的故事。
我是很抗拒「鴨仔團」的人, 因為怕早起床怕朿縛怕被安排不喜歡的景點。全自助的方式去印度, 我又有點擔心, 因為印度始終是一個發展中的國家, 從一個城市到另一個城市的公共交通不像歐洲、澳洲那已發展國家般完善和安全。幸好找到Pioneer Journeys這種獨立包車的旅遊服務, 一路陪伴我們八天的司機 Singh非常專業, 照顧細心周到。五星級的酒店都雖然有點舊,但乾淨衛生, 熱水和電力供應穏定。短短八日, 我們拍了過千張相, 因為印度是一個充滿色彩的國家, 而且印度人面觀鏡頭都會友善微笑, 有興趣看照片的, 可到
Wing’s article about India: http://www.eastweek.com.hk/index.php?ink=content_detail&article_id=3780