(8 Days / 7 Nights)
Onam Fest 2014
Think of pristine beaches, serene backwaters, luxurious Houseboats, fragrance of Spices and misty mountains and put this all in one word. The result is – KERALA. Guarded by Arabian Sea on one side and mountains of Wesrern Ghats on the other side this Southern India State is truly a God’s own Country as its natural beauty can only be created by God’s own hands.
Kovalam - Pandmanabhapuram - Kanyakumari – Kovalam
visit Vivekananda Rock Memorial which is dedicated to Swami Vivekananda, a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, the founder of Ramakrishna Mission. Vivekananda Rock Memorial was built between 1963 and 1970 in red and blue granite.
Also visit Kumari Amman Temple whichis dedicated to virgin Goddess Parvathi & is located on the shore. The Diamond nose-ring of this deity is famous for its sparkling splendor, which is supposed to be visible even from the sea. Later on visit Mahatma Gandhi Memorial which is one among the frequented tourist attractions in Kanyakumari. The Mahatma Gandhi Memorial was built to honour Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation.The Memorial was built in 1956, in the Orissa temple architectural style. In the evening watch the most beautiful Sunset of Kanyakumari.Leave Kanyakumari by dusk and back to Kovalam. Overnight at resort. (Breakfast)
Kovalam – Kollam – Cochin
Kovalam – Manarcad – Cochin
Cochin – Alleppey (Kerala Houseboat)
Kumarakom – Cochin
In the afternoon see Pulikali Parade. Puli Kali also known as Kaduvakali is a colorful recreational folk art from the state of Kerala. It is performed by trained artists to entertain people on the occasion of Onam, an annual harvest festival, celebrated mainly in the Indian state of Kerala. On the fourth day of Onam celebrations (Nalaam Onam), performers painted like tigers and hunters in bright yellow, red, and black dance to the beats of instruments like Udukku and Thakil. Literal meaning of Pulikali is the ‘play of the tigers’ hence the performance revolve around the theme of tiger hunting. In the evening transfer to Cochin airport to catch flight back to home. (Breakfast)
All Trips Include:
- 6 Nights hotel accommodation on twin share basis.
- 1 night in Kerala Houseboat withall meals.
- Double bedded room with private bath or shower & hotel taxes.
- Daily breakfast in hotel as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Air-conditioned Private Large Car with an expert driver as per the itinerary.
- All transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Fuel, Insurance, Toll Taxes, All State Taxes, All transport related Expenses and Driver Services.
- Assistance by our representatives at the airport on arrival as per the itinerary.
- Services of a local English speaking guide in Kovalam & Cochin for city sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- City sightseeing in as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrances to the monuments & museums as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Evening Kathakali Dance show in Cochin as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Full day excursion to Tripunithura to take part inOnam festival activitiesas mentioned in the itinerary.
- Full day excursion to Kanyakumari & nearby places as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All other excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes and service charges.
– International/domestic Airfare. – Meals and beverages not listed in itinerary. -Movie/video camera fee at monuments. -Tips and gratuities. – Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, portage etc. – Any other service that has not been included into “cost inclusions”.
|City||Premium Package||Standard Package||Economy Package|
|Kovalam||Vivanta by Taj Kovalam||Turtle On The Beach Resort||Sagara Beach Resort|
|Cochin||The Gateway Hotel||Avenue Regent||Abad Plaza|
|Alleppey||AC KERALA HOUSEBOAT||AC KERALA HOUSEBOAT||AC KERALA HOUSEBOAT|
Also Available on request:
- This tour is ex-Cochin. If you are arriving from a different destination, we can help you arrange the flight to and from Cochin.
- Ayurveda Treatments & Massage.
- Early morning Yoga lesson.
Well, we are back safe and sound in Dubai after our wonderful trip to Rajasthan. We had a great trip and were very happy that we had Surendra as our driver. He was a very safe driver, very focused on his duties, yet very friendly and patient and was always there for us. He was punctual and always had a smile on his face. Also, he was quite humorous and we had some good laughs with him.
All in all it was a great trip and we saw and did lots, and got a good insight into the culture. Maybe one day we will return, though I think our next trip to India will be to the Kerala area, and we will contact you then.
Thanks again for arranging such a great trip and for arranging, on quick notice, for Surendra to drive us.
Mr. Rick & Janet Matthews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates