(8 Days / 7 Nights)
Treasures of Kerala
Think of pristine beaches, serene backwaters, luxurious Houseboats, fragrance of Spices and misty mountains and put this all in one word. The result is – KERALA. Guarded by Arabian Sea on one side and mountains of Wesrern Ghats on the other side this Southern India State is truly a God’s own Country as its natural beauty can only be created by God’s own hands.
In the evening enthrall yourself with a special presentation of the colorfully costumed Kathakali Dance Drama. This mask dance form is originally from Kerala and 1500 years old. This classical dance has 24 mudras expressing the nine emotions of serenity, wonder, kindness, love, valour, fear, contempt, loathing and anger. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Cochin – Munnar
After check-in visit to a tea plantation and factory. See how Assam tea is grown, hand-picked and processed and taste some of the best Assam tea there is.
Rest of the day free to explore Munnar which is an important high-point on our Kerala photography tour. It's picture-book pretty, it's authentic Kerala; it has history (the British used to escape to these hills to get away from the heat of the Mysore plains just north-east of here) and it has tea - mile upon mile of dense, lush tea-bushes. Organically cultivated, too. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Munnar – Thekkady
Afternoon, you will go for boating in the Periyar lake. From your motor boat, you can watch wild elephants, wild boars, bisons and dears. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Thekkady – Alleppey (KERALA HOUSEBOAT)
On arrival board a houseboat for a cruise through the backwaters of Kerala. On the boat ride, enjoy magnificent scenery of these palm-shaded backwaters. Spend the evening on board the house boat enjoying the exciting night life in the lake, the outstanding food and royal service. Enjoy a good night sleep under star and moon light in the house boat. Overnight on the houseboat. (Breakfast/Lunch/dinner)
Alleppey – Kovalam
Kovalam - Padmanabhapuram - Kanyakumari – Kovalam
visit Vivekananda Rock Memorial which is dedicated to Swami Vivekananda, a disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, the founder of Ramakrishna Mission. Vivekananda Rock Memorial was built between 1963 and 1970 in red and blue granite.
Also visit Kumari Amman Temple whichis dedicated to virgin Goddess Parvathi & is located on the shore. The Diamond nose-ring of this deity is famous for its sparkling splendor, which is supposed to be visible even from the sea. Later on visit Mahatma Gandhi Memorial which is one among the frequented tourist attractions in Kanyakumari. The Mahatma Gandhi Memorial was built to honour Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation.The Memorial was built in 1956, in the Orissa temple architectural style. In the evening watch the most beautiful Sunset of Kanyakumari.Leave Kanyakumari by dusk and back to Kovalam. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
All Trips Include:
- 6 Nights hotel accommodation on twin share basis.
- 1 Night in Kerala Houseboat with all meals.
- Double bedded room with private bath or shower & hotel taxes.
- Daily breakfast in hotel as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Air-conditioned Private Large Car with an expert driver as per the itinerary.
- All transfersand sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Fuel, Insurance, Toll Taxes, All State Taxes, All transport related Expensesand Driver Services.
- Assistance by our representatives at the airport on arrival as per the itinerary.
- Services of a local English speaking guide in Cochin, Munnar & Kovalam for city sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- City sightseeing in as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrances to the monuments & museums as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Evening Kathakali Dance show in Cochin as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Full day excursion to Kodungallur Bhagavathy Temple & Mannarassala Sree Nagaraja Temple as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Full day excursion to Kanyakumari & nearby places as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All other excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes and service charges.
Tour Cost Excludes:
- International airfare.
- Meals and beverages not listed in itinerary
- Movie/video camera fee at monuments.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, portage etc.
- Any other service that has not been included into “cost inclusions”.
|City||Premium Package||Standard Package||Economy Package|
|Cochin||The Gateway Hotel||Avenue Regent||Abad Plaza|
|Munnar||Windermere Estate||The Siena Village||Hill View|
|Thekkady||Wild Corridor||Aranya Niwas||Ambadi|
|Alleppey||KERALA HOUSEBOAT||KERALA HOUSEBOAT||KERALA HOUSEBOAT|
|Kovalam||Vivanta by Taj Kovalam||Turtle On The Beach Resort||Sagara Beach Resort|
Also Available on request:
- This tour is ex-Cochin. If you are arriving from a different destination, we can help you arrange the flight to and from Cochin.
- Ayurveda Treatments & Massage.
- Early morning Yoga lesson.
We would all like to pass along our warmest thanks and sincere appreciation for your efforts in willingly accommodating us with the last minute changes to our itinerary and in particular for finding us our hotel in Delhi!
We had an absolutely wonderful trip and we have so many memories to treasure!! Please extend a special Thank-you to Hem (our Driver) for his role in our holiday, as we all learned – he will have a special place in heaven! Finally, rest assured that we will happily refer your company to anyone we know who is planning a vacation to India.
All the Best!
Kerry, Debbie & Maxine Gibson & Geo Boothby
Mr. Kerry Gibson & Family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates