(15 Days / 14 Nights)
Best of Gujarat
This western State of India is promoting tourism very effectively in order to showcase its rich history and culture as well as it Geological and topographical landscape.
With very developed infrastructure it is convenient to explore Gujarat in its length and breadth which encompasses beautiful Hill Station in Satpura Range and thick forest around it, Gir National Parl which is home for Asiatic Lions, Tribal Villages where tribal crafts and culture are still vibrant and live, the great Rann of Kutch in Thar Desert
Delhi – Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad – Limbdi – Sayla
Sayla – Wankaner – Bhuj
Morning visit various fascinating tribal villages surrounding Bhuj. Each tribe can be identified by its traditional attire and specializes in a different form of handicraft. The Banni tribal dwellings are made of round mud huts called 'Bhungas'‚ with a single central support pole and a thatched or tiled roof, all surrounding a large community courtyard. You will also see a variety of handicrafts, including textiles, vegetable colour dye printing, Rogan art (wax printing), glass beadwork, woolen shawls, leather articles and more.
We then visit some local weaving families in Sumarsar village, famous for Scoof Embroidery, Nirona Village with its fabulous Rogan art (wax printing) & bell making and Ludiya (aka Gandhi Gram) village. (Optional) Traditional Thali dinner at your hotel. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Bhuj – Jamnagar
Jamnagar – Rajkot – Gondal
On arrival check-in into hotel. After check-in visit to Ayurvedic Pharmacy, Udyog Bharti - spinning & weaving of Khadi (cotton fabric & famously associated with Mahatma Gandhi), Swaminarayan Temple. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Gondal - Junagadh - Somnath - Gir
Later on continue to visit Somnathwhich is one of the 12 jyotirlingas of lord Shiva. In the Shiva Purana and Nandi Upapurana, Shiva said, `I am omnipresent but specially in 12 forms and places, the jyotirlingas`. Somnath is one of these 12 holy places. On arrival check-in into hotel.Dinner & overnight at hotel. (Breakfast/Dinner)
Gir National Park
SASAN GIR NATIONAL PARK : The Gir lion sanctuary project was initiated in 1972 with one of its main objectives being to remove the local indigenous people (Maldharis) from the interior of the park. The reason for the displacement of this devoutly religious pastoral community was their ongoing conflict with the Gir Lions. Prior to and after Independence, conditions in Gir deteriorated rapidly to the detriment both of the Maldharis and the Lions. Sasan Gir Lion sanctuary is one of India's success stories. From a pitifully small number of around twenty lions at the turn of the century there are now approximately three hundred lions in the park.
Gir is also home to one of the largest leopard populations in any park in India, and especially in the hotter season they can sometimes be seen at night close to the lodges. Other wildlife to look out for are the Four-Horned Antelope (which is the only four-horned ungulate in the world), Wild Boar, Wolf, Hyena, Jackal, Jungle Cat, Chinkara, Blue Bull, Marsh Muggers as well as a wonderful variety of bird species. Dinner & overnight at hotel. (Breakfast/Dinner)
Gir – Diu
Diu – Bhavnagar
Later visit the Water Lock Gate of Bhavnagar - the first of its kind in Gujarat. The water locks maintain the water level of the docks, thus helping ships to stay afloat at the time of low tide. On arrival check-in into hotel. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Bhavnagar – Palitana – Baroda (Vadodara)
Baroda – Champaner – Baroda
Baroda – Delhi (Departure)
Later on transfer to Vadodara airport to catch flight to Delhi. On arrival and you will be met by our representative, holding a play card with your name on it in the arrival lounge. Car and driver will be at your disposal until transfer to International Airport to catch flight for onward journey. (Breakfast)
All Trips Include:
- Economy Class domestic flightair fare for Delhi – Ahmedabad sector.
- Economy Class domestic flightair fare for Vadodara – Delhi sector.
- 16 Nights hotel accommodation on twin share basis.
- Double bedded roomwith private bath or shower & hotel taxes.
- 2 dinners as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Daily breakfast in hotel as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Air-conditioned Private Large Car with an expert driver as per the itinerary.
- All transfersand sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Fuel, Insurance, Toll Taxes, All State Taxes, All transport related Expensesand Driver Services.
- Assistance by our representative at the International airport on arrival as per the itinerary.
- Services of a local English speaking guide for city sightseeing in Ahmedabad, Bhuj, Junagarh, Somnath & Bhavnagar.
- City sightseeing in as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrancesto the monuments & museums as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Full day excursion to Champaner & Dabhoi as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Park entrance & Naturalist fee for Gir National Park.
- Morning & afternoon Jeep safari to see Lion and other wildlife, Gir National Park.
- Complimentary Mineralwater during the surface travel.
- All other excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes and service charges.
– International/domestic Airfare. – Meals and beverages not listed in itinerary. -Movie/video camera fee at monuments. – Tips and gratuities. -Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, portage etc. – Any other service that has not been included into “cost inclusions”.
|New Delhi||The Royal Plaza||5 Star|
|Ahmedabad||Royal Orchid Central||4 Star|
|Sayla||Old Bell House||Heritage|
|Jamnagar||Fortune Palace||4 Star|
|Gondal||The Orchard Palace||Heritage|
|Gir||The Lion Safari Camp||Tents|
|Diu||Sugati Beach Resort||Resort|
|Vadodara||ITC WelcomHotel Vadodara||5 Star|
Also Available on request:
- This tour is ex-Delhi. If you are arriving from a different destination, we can help you arrange the flight to and from Delhi.
- Learn to Cook local Recipes from a well known Chef.
- An Ayurvedic Massage.
- Early morning Yoga lesson.
I would like to thank you the attention you had with us. Our travel in India was perfect and unforgettable. We definitely recommend you to my friends.
Best Regards from Spain. I hope to see you again
Mr. Eugenio Cintora & Ms. Ana Isabel Rodriquez