(10 Days / 09 Nights)
Glimpses of North India
Visiting North India is like experiencing 5000 years of India’s recorded History. With many impressive landmarks this part of India is culturally and historically rich with many monuments strewn across from West to East. Discover shimmering Taj at dawn and dusk with rising and setting Sun, erotic Temples of Khajuraho and medieval city of Varanasi where holy Ganges is worshiped every evening with hundreds of lamps and chanting of mantras.
Later on covering India Gate which is a famous war memorial at the east end of Rajpath. Alsovisit Gandhi Smriti. The residence of industrialist BD Birla has been converted into a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, where he used to stay during his visits to Delhi. Gandhiji was assassinated here on his way to offer customary evening prayers. Large collection of photographs with a few personal belongings and a series of small dolls houses and terracotta dolls illustrating Gandhijis' life are the attractions at this museum.Later on drive past President's House, Parliament House & Secretariat Building.
Later on visit Lotus Temple(Bahai Temple) which is the newest most extravagant architectural wonder of the Bahai faith, located in Kalkaji, south of Delhi. Then, visit the beautiful Akshardham temple. The grand, ancient-styled Swaminarayan Akshardham complex was built in only five years through the efforts of 11,000 artisans and BAPS volunteers.
In the afternoon Qutab Minar which is 72.5 m in height and has a mosque at the base. It is a magnificent structure whose construction started in 1199 by a Muslim King Qutab-ud-din Aibak (after whom it was named) and was finished by his heir IItutmish. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Delhi - Neemrana – Jaipur
Arrive Jaipur and check-in into hotel. In the evening we have arranged a special dinner at “Chokhi Dhani” an Rajasthani Ethnic Village Resort where you can savour the taste of RAJASTHANI CUISINE with Folk Dances , Other attractions are CAMEL RIDES,PUPPET SHOW, MAGICIAN, FORTUNE TELLER and VILLAGE CRAFTS. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast/Dinner)
Later on visit Hawa Mahal or "Palace of Winds," one of the major landmarks of Jaipur, although it is actually little more than a facade. City Palace which is blend of Mughal and Rajasthani architecture and the royal family still lives in a part of the palace. Adjacent to the City Palace is Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory built by Raja Jai Singh, whose passion for astronomy was even more notable than his prowess as a warrior.
In the late afternoon a visit to the colourful bazaar of Jaipur has been arranged. Here get your hands painted with Henna from roadside mehandiwalas (ladies that specialise in painting hands with Henna). Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
Jaipur – Jodhpur
Covering Mehrangarh fort which is one of the largest forts in India. The fort has been a witness to the Mehrangarh Fort, Jodhpursplendour of a bygone era. Jaswanthada - The 19th century royal cenotaph and the museum located in the Umaid public gardens. After that a visit Ummed Bhawan Palace. A part of Umaid Bhawan Palace houses a well-maintained museum, displaying an amazing array of items belonging to the Maharaja and the royal family - weapons, antiques & fascinating clocks, crockery and trophies.
This evening, we would ride horse carriage to the Clock Tower Bazaar. This is one of India's largest and most colourful wholesale markets especially with respect to clothes, fabrics, spices, vegetables etc. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Jodhpur - Ranakpur – Udaipur
Later on drive to Udaipur, the lovely lakeside capital of Mewar - The City of Dreams which is perhaps the most romantic city in Rajasthan. On arrival check-in into hotel. Rest of the day is at leisure for your independent activities. Explore the bustling bylanes of Udaipur which have artisans practicing their traditional crafts handed down to them by their elders. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
In the evening we have arrange a boat ride on the Lake Pichola which is one of the prime attractions of Udaipur. The lake is known for the palace build amidst the lake. The lake was built by Maharana Udai Singh II. It was made basically for defence purpose. Cradled amongst hills, gardens, havelis, temples and ghats, Lake Pichola is the picturesque spotlight of Udaipur. The beauty of the lake and its surroundings can only be felt by seeing it, which increases many folds during sunrise and sunset. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Udaipur - Pushkar
Pushkar - Ranthambhore
Ranthambhore - Fatehpur Sikri – Agra
From here we will continue our drive to Agra. On arrival check in into hotel. Rest of the day free to relax at your hotel. Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
After breakfast visit the sprawling Agra Red Fort which is surrounded by a 70 feet high wall. Later on visit Itmad-ud-daula which has a special place in the chronicles of both history as well as architecture. This is precisely because Itmad-ud-Daula is the very first tomb in India that is entirely made out of Marble. This is actually a mausoleum that overlooks the River Yamuna and is a tomb of Mir Ghiyas Beg, a minister in the court of Shah Jahan.
In the evening, head to Mehtab Garden for a unique view of the Taj Mahal from across the Yamuna river! Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
Agra – Mathura
Mathura - Vrindavan – Mathura
Also visit The Shahji Temple, another popular temple at Vrindavan, was designed and built in 1876 by a wealthy jeweller, Shah Kundan Lal of Lucknow. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Mathura – Delhi (Departure)
Tour Cost Includes:
- 14 Nights hotel accommodation on twin share basis.
- Double bedded room with private bath or shower.
- Daily breakfast in hotel as mentioned in the itinerary.
- 3 hot & delicious dinners & 2 lunch as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Air-conditioned Private Car with an expert driver as per the itinerary.
- All transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Fuel, Insurance, Toll Taxes, All State Taxes, All transport related Expenses and Driver Services.
- Assistance by our representative at the International airport on arrival as per the itinerary.
- Services of a local English speaking guide for city sightseeing in Delhi, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Agra & Mathura.
- City sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrances to the monuments & museums as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Park entrance & Naturalist fee for Ranthambore National Park.
- Morning & Afternoon Jeep Safaris to see Indian Tigers and other wildlife, Ranthambhore.
- Elephant rideupto the Amber Fort in Jaipur.
- Evening boat ride on the Lake Pichola, Udaipur.
- Henna hand painting asJaipur as per the itinerary.
- Complimentary Mineralwater during the surface travel.
- All other excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes and service charges.
– International/domestic Airfare. – Meals and beverages not listed in itinerary. -Movie/video camera fee at monuments. – Tips and gratuities. -Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, portage etc. – Any other service that has not been included into “cost inclusions”.
|The Lalit New Delhi
|Holiday Inn Aerocity
|Taj Jai Mahal Palace
|The Lalit Jaipur
|Fairfield by Marriott
|The Kothi Heritage
|Fateh Prakash Palace
|Vivanta by Taj Sawai Madhopur
|The Sher Garh Resort
|Courtyard by Marriott
|Best Western Radha Ashok
|Brijwasi Lands Inn
Also Available on request:
- This tour is ex-Delhi. If you are arriving from a different destination, we can help you arrange the flight to and from Delhi.
- Learn to Cook local Recipes from a well known Chef.
- An Ayurvedic Massage.
- Early morning Yoga lesson.
We would like to convey how very much we enjoyed our recent trip with your company!
Everything was so well organized, lovely hotels and great drivers and guides.
We especially appreciated the dinner your wife arranged for us at a restaurant in Mumbai near our hotel – Trident Nariman.
The food everywhere we had on our trip was delicious but the meal we had at this restaurant was outstanding!
The chicken starter pieces and the curried vegetables particularly were wonderful!
If they would ever part with their ingredients for these I would love to know the recipes!!
(Cannot remember the restaurant’s name – if you could let me know maybe).
We will certainly pass on your company’s name to family and friends.
I am already planning on a trip to the south, Chennai etc, to see the Bharat Natyam shows in the future!
It was nice to meet you and your wife and we hope you are in good health.
Linette and Charles Hugo