(10 Days / 09 Nights)
The Land of Buddha
Presence of Monasteries and Stupas across India all speak well and loud of the Buddhist culture that was so rich and vibrant that it in inspired one of the most dynamic art and architecture movements at that time.
Delhi - Varanasi
In the late afternoon an excursion to Sarnath - where Bhuddhism first made its appearance nearly 2500 years ago and where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon to his 5 disciples. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
In the afternoon half day city tour of Varanasi. One of the holiest cities in India, Varanasi is one of the most important pilgrimage sites and also a major tourist attraction. It has been the religious capital of Hinduism since time immemorial. Situated on the banks of the sacred Ganges, Varanasi has been a center of learning and civilization for more than 2,000 years.
In the evening enjoy boat ride on the holy river Ganges and you will be taken to the Ganga Ghats to watch evening Aarti (Hindu ritual). Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Varanasi – Bodhgaya
On arrival Check in into hotel. Afternoon tour of this ancient riverside town. Visit the Sri Lankan monastery. Later in the day visit the village of Sujata, which is where a woman with the same name gave Lord Buddha his first meal ( milk & rice pudding ) after he came out of the austerities he was performing and broke his fast. Overnight at hotel.(Breakfast)
Bodgaya - Rajgir - Nalanda – Patna
Also visiting visit Nalanda- which literally means the place that confers the lotus. It was one of the oldest universities of the world & was a center of great learning which reached its zenith between 5th and 12th Century A.D. Both Lord Buddha & Lord Mahavira visited this place. Also visit Karanda Tank- where Buddha used to bathe. Arrive Patna and check-in into hotel. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Patna - Vaishali – Kushinagar
Later continue onward to Kushinagar - where Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana. Kushinagar is one of the principal centers of Buddhist pilgrimage is the place of Mahaparinrvana. On arrival check into Hotel. Overnight at hotel. (Breakfast)
Kushinagar – Lumbini
Lumbini - Kapilvastu – Sravasti
Afternoon visit the extensive ruins of this ancient city. Sravasti has two villages, Sahet and Mahet, which is spread over an area of 400 acres and has a number of ruins. This is where the Lord performed his Miracle sitting on a petalled Lotus multiplying 1000 times. Overnight in hotel. (Breakfast)
Sravasti - Lucknow - Delhi (Departure)
Tour Cost Includes:
- Economy Class domestic flightair fare for Delhi – Varanasi sector.
- Economy Class domestic flightair fare for Lucknow – Delhi sector.
- 10 Nights hotel accommodation on double occupancy basis.
- Double bedded room with private bath or shower.
- Daily breakfast in hotel as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Air-conditioned Private Car with an expert driver as per the itinerary.
- All transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Fuel, Insurance, Toll Taxes, All State Taxes, All transport related Expenses and Driver Services.
- Assistance by our representative at the International airport on arrival as per the itinerary.
- Services of a local English speaking guide for city sightseeing in Varanasi, Bodhgaya, Kushinagar & Sravasti.
- City sightseeing in as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrances to the monuments & museums as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Evening boat rideon the River Ganges by Ganga Aarti Ceremony as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Early morning boat rideon the River Ganges, Varanasi as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guided excursion to Sarnath as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All other excursions as mentioned in the itinerary.
- All taxes and service charges.
Visas, International airfare. – Meals and beverages not listed in itinerary. -Tips and gratuities. – Movie/video camera fee at monuments. – Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, portage etc. – Any other service that has not been included into “cost inclusions”.
|New Delhi||Holiday New Delhi Intl’ Airport||4 Star|
|Varanasi||Meraden Grand||4 Star|
|Bodhgaya||Bodhgaya Regency||3 Star|
|Patna||Lemon Tree Premier||4 Star|
|Kushinagar||The Imperial||4 Star|
|Lumbini||Buddha Maya Garden||Heritage|
|Sravasti||Lotus Nikko||3 Star|
Also Available on request:
- This tour is ex-Delhi. If you are arriving from a different destination, we can help you arrange the flight to and from Delhi.
- An Ayurvedic Massage.
- Early morning Yoga lesson.